Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Week of Photo Friendly Birds

Here are some of the week's photos. I have to say the birds were very cooperative. I have so much to write and so little time with the end of school events and yard work. I must admit I am getting little yard work done.



Northern Mockingbird attacking the kitchen window.


Cassin's Kingbird showing his colors in the early morning light.



Lark Sparrow in the yard.




Robin's nest with a new family underway.

Pine Siskin watching a very strange birder.


Orange-Crowned Warbler at Karval lake with several of his friends.


Lark Bunting finally stopped long enough for a photo op.





Flying Burrowing Owl
Wait! Just a minute for the shutter to close. Too, Late.




Burrowing Owl waiting for me to take the photo.


Lark Bunting Chorus lined up for the group photos.






Cassin's Kingbird was waiting for me to see that he was not the Western Kingbird that I thought I was seeing.




Sage Thrasher at Karval Lake kept me chasing him down the fence line before I snapped this.


Double-Crested Cormorant on Karval Lake.


Common Grackle with nesting material in down- town Karval. What a noise they can make.


Chipping Sparrow in trees near abandoned home.

No comments:

Post a Comment